Tuesday, October 16, 2007

When I Say Rockies You Say Go


The Rockies won the NLCS. Wait - they swept the NCLS! In honor of such a great occasion I watched the entire game - my first full Rockies game ever. I'm proud to break my streak for such a momentous occasion. Thanks to Vivian and Tony for hosting me for the game and for putting up with me cringing every time they showed the coach and his crazy chewing, for singing "Holiday" every time Matt Holliday was up to bat, and for singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in it's entirety. I'm also glad that I live in Capitol Hill and not Lodo - I'm sure it was crazy down there last night. When I left their place for mine last night someone was whistling "Let's Go Rockies" so I did the little clap - from their place about half the way to my place. There were spotlights in the sky and enough beeping cars in Capitol Hill that I almost walked to Lodo just to see what it was like. I didn't have enough energy for that though - such a lazy butt.

Next comes the World Series! While I think the possibility for me of getting tickets to the game is something like one in a gagillion I was excited to go to Lodo and sit in a sports bar for at least one of the games. However this may not be possible - how sad! Okay - I'm not really allowed to complain since I'll be in Puerto Rico for most of the games, but while I would LOVE to see the Rockies sweep once again, I'd selfishly like for them to win the series in Game 6 so I can watch it in Denver. Is that really too much to ask? I'd like to think not.

Go Rockies!

4 comments:

Viv M. said...

my couch is your couch! anytime :)

and hell yeah rockies!

Beek's Fam said...

Ok, so I was for the Red Sox...but...now I'm for the Rockies. You've won me over! LOL

Shanna said...

ok so just because i actually went to a rockies game this season, I am cheering for them!! I am not into baseball at all...but now i am!!

Christy said...

what you are going to PR? For what?