Tuesday, January 31, 2006

If a thing loves, it is infinite.
William Blake

I found this quote today when searching for inspiration around some writing I'm doing at work and it seems so profound and simplistic at the same time. I share it because it reflects some of what I've been struck with recently - that Love has to be the point. I think I've always understood that life can't be about right and wrong, that it has to be about something more. And I think that something more is Love, and in Love we find the infinite, or the eternal.

Perhaps at this point you're thinking "hey Maria, this post is pretty darn vague" and you'd be right. Mainly because I'm pretty vague in my understanding of what I'm even thinking...it's more of a feeling or an intuition - I can't quite put it into words right now. Perhaps in a few posts I'll have more understanding, and in that more to write. For now, this is what I've got.

PS - I didn't know who William Blake was either. Read more at Wikipedia.

No comments: