Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tristan & Isolde

I had Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day - this was a totally new experience for me, I never had it off for school or work until now. Jared and I took advantage of the day off to go see Tristan & Isolde. I had been dying to see it since I saw the first preview and it lived up to my expectations, mostly.

The story line didn't hold together as much as I had hoped, but there were beautiful moments when the characters were talking about love that really hit home for me. I'll try not to give too much away, but if you don't like hearing about movies before you see them STOP reading. A little more than half way through the movie there is a scene where Tristan is talking to Isolde about love and his point is that a life lived without love is meaningless. Now - he's I believe just talking about romantic love, but the truth in his words certainly hit me in amazing ways.

No comments: