Thursday, January 19, 2006

This time it really is snowing

Over the past four months I've noticed that often when the mountains get a lot of snow it's reported across the country that Denver has gotten a foot of snow. Since I've been here in Denver it's snowed twice - once in October and once the first week of December. Coming from Michigan where I heard that it had snowed or rained for 46 days straight as of the first week in January, this phenomenon of mild winter is AMAZING!

This morning I woke up to snow for the third time, and I was surprised to find that it made me happy. Probably cause it doesn't happen all the time. I toyed with the idea of driving my car to work so my hair wouldn't get ruined, but realized that odds were good (knowing my track record) I would get in an accident so I walked. But - being true to myself I did not, I repeat, did NOT wear sensible shoes! and so I slipped into work, more than walked. Thankfully I didn't fall, but I certainly did entertain myself with all the slipping and I hope someone driving their car around Capitol Hill had a good laugh too.

It could have been funny to post a good falling story on the blog - assuming I didn't hurt myself. I like a good fall now and then like this one or this one - and, I'm thankful to have made it into the office safely, but with flat hair. Hopefully I'll make it home :)

No comments: