Friday, November 14, 2008

Who's a Cute Little Jealous?

OMG - I realized in a big way this week that I am jealous. I'm not sure exactly what to do with this realization, or how to change. I just know that I am acutely aware of this state of being this week.

There are so many kinds and levels of jealousy. This week I specifically realized I am jealous that people I know are expanding their social networks and I am still, 3 years after moving to Denver, stuck stuck stuck. This little jealousy of mine puts me into a funk anytime someone is busy when I want to go out, or anytime I'm out in a group of people trying to forge some sort of bond and nothing grows, or anytime I put myself out there and seem to get stomped on.

There, I said it. It's been my experience that saying something in a sense brings it fully into being instead of hiding in the shadows. Once it fully exists it's so much easier to do something about it, even if that something is just learning how to live with it.

No comments: