Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Short Rant

You know what I don't like? I don't like it when people disagree just for the sake of disagreeing or just to see if they can get a reaction out of me. I don't like it because I usually fall for it. I don't like it because I'm generally a harmonious person who prefers to discuss and not argue. I don't like it because it seems like a waste of energy to me. There are plenty of things to legitimately disagree about why waste time and energy arguing when it doesn't matter.

I was out with someone this weekend who insisted on pushing and arguing about nothing. This person even bragged about how he really enjoyed doing this. Three days later it's still bothering me! I think it's time to let it go and move on.

3 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

Ha! I disagree!

...Just kidding. I've known a few people like this in my time. Better just to avoid them.

Trish and Yanni said...

Maria, I know more than a few men who like to see if they can get a rise out of you (including my husband :). Usually it's all in good fun but I agree can be a pain (especially if they're being mean).

Maria said...

My dad is especially good at this too - some of the time I catch him and sometimes he really gets me. I'm actually a tiny bit surprised that he hasn't made some sort of comment yet :)

This guy is going to be avoided. I can tell you that!