Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I voted



I have the sticker to prove it. This is my second time voting since moving to Denver and it was a whole lot easier this time around. The last time I voted I went after work, and even though I had the opportunity to leave the office at 4:30 that year, I was still caught in the after work rush and stood in line for 2 hours. Denver was having voting issues that year. This year they canned the computer system that caused all the problems last time around, reinstated regular precincts instead of letting you vote at the location most convenient to you, and let anyone who wanted to vote early. This meant that when I went to my polling place there was no line and I was there for maybe 15 minutes. I also like that for voting you can bring a cheat sheet - no memorizing like it's a test or something.

I'm more interesting in watching the outcome of this election than I think I've ever been. I'm just hoping that votes will be counted on time and we don't have to watch long into the night.

No comments: