Thursday, November 06, 2008

Anniversary

A personally important anniversary went by yesterday, and I nearly forgot about it. Yesterday marked my unofficial one-year anniversary at my current job. I say unofficial because I was placed in this job with a placement agency so yesterday marked the one-year anniversary of the first day I sat at this desk, but the company won't acknowledge one year for me until January when I became a direct employee of the company. That day holds so much less significance for me.

I find this anniversary to be significant because it marks the longest that I've held a job in Denver. A year is twice as long as the shortest job I've had here. Even more significantly, I still like this job. I think the longest I liked one of the three (or technically four) other jobs I've had in this city was 2 months. That could be a generous estimate.

In this month of Thanksgiving I'm so thankful to have a job that I like, that pays my bills, and that is as solid as is possible in these economic times.

3 comments:

Kristin Gort said...

Congratulations!! We're very thankful with you :-)

Sharon said...

Congratulations Maria! God bless you in the coming year there. Hope you are enjoying fall--nice Sarah Palin costume by the way.

Joel Swagman said...

congragulations. Happy anniversary