Tuesday, July 01, 2008

We Love to Party

I have so much to update on that I'm not even sure where to begin. This weekend I was in Michigan for a wedding, but the night before I left I had the honor of hosting a Nintendo DS Girlfriend's Guide to Gaming party. When I first heard about the possibility of hosting this party I thought it was too good to be true, but I think it's the exception that proves the rule of "If it looks to good to be true, it probably is." My friends and I had a great time playing Nintendo and hanging out - here are a few pictures for your entertainment.

Here's Caiti and I playing Guitar Hero. It's so much fun on the DS, I still want to get the hang of actually pushing the buttons - I think my hands are too small or something, but Caiti was rocking it. So much so that the game told her to take a time out.


Jen, Beth and I also playing Guitar Hero - this is before they pulled out the headphones - the game is so much better when you can hear the song.

Sheralee and Vivian are playing Mario Kart in this photo - I like the perspective of the shot. (I'm not the photographer though!)

I was doing my brain age training and got 5 out of 5 on the race game where you have to keep track of what place the runner is in. Apparently this is unheard of (how cool am I!) and shortly after this picture was taken the Nintendo showed a rocket taking off - I think it meant that my brain is as awesome as a rocket scientist's brain.


The Nintendo DS has some sort of wireless or bluetooth technology (I may be a brand enthusiast, but I don't know all the technical details.) Here Caiti, Lindsey and I are racing eachother, but Meghan is playing something else.

This is kind of a busy shot, but I'm trying to show the grafitti mural on the wall behind us. It was super cool - I absolutely want to have another party in this space - it's in a weird industrial part of town, but the space was cool.


All in all I had a great time, and now my friends are snapping up Nintendo DS games like crazy and spending more hours than they'd like to admit playing with the little thing. The night was hella fun, and I'm feeling pretty lucky for the opportunity to have such a fun night with my friends. More on the trip to Michigan later.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Maria - Thanks for hostessing such a great too-good-to-be-true party! It was such an unusual and FUN experience. It was great to meet you, and I hope to see you again soon -- we can compare notes on the single life in Denver!

Michelle (Katie Alley's friend)