Friday, July 25, 2008

So Long, Farewell

Today is the last day with my car. I plan to take it to a nice candlelit dinner to let it know how much I appreciate it and how much I'm going to miss it. Well - actually I'm going to wash it and give it a full tank of gas, something makes me thing it'll appreciate that just as much.

I am ready to pass this car along to it's next driver. I've been feeling off much of this week and the only thing I can track it back to is that I think I'm not as ready to be carless as I thought. I'm realizing that deep down, in some core place, I'm anxious that not having a typical form of transportation is going to leave me more isolated than I already am. I realize in my head, that I'm only as isolated as I allow myself to be. That how connected I am or feel has nothing to do with transportation and everything to do with a load of other things. As usual, it's taking the rest of me much longer to accept and live out what I believe in my head to be true.

No comments: