Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Even Though Dad Doesn't Belive in Organic Food

Well ladies and gentlemen I just signed me up for some new therapy - nutrition therapy - and let me tell you, I am excited!

In the last few months I've learned through experience that I really don't need to eat as much as I have been eating. I pulled the cabbage soup diet a couple of times, and also had a couple big allergy attacks that killed my appetite. After the last allergy attack, my appetite has never fully returned and I realized I was eating way more than I actually need and have since dropped to my lowest weight since probably college. Paired with that, I began to notice a direct correllation between eating less processed, more local food and feeling so so much better. My digestive issues are much more subdued and I can eat a piece of pizza or a small (small) ice cream cone with not much problem. I was starting to wonder whether I just had a situation where process toxins were building up in my system and making me feel lousy.

As I was making this effort to eat more local food (and a lot less meat) a nutritionist gave a talk at a meeting at work. (Those blasted meetings are a topic for another blog post.) She talked about body typing, and I don't mean that I'm pear shaped. It's more of looking at how your body deals with food and has something to do with how your glands work. From there you can make better choices about how much protien, sugar etc. to have in your diet, and when in the course of the day your body is better ready to deal with food. I'm way oversimplifying here, but this is what I remember from her presentation.

In any case, I was sold, and I'm going to start meeting with her in a couple of weeks. I hope to learn more ways to eat to make my body happy and feel better. Plus - I hope this helps me shed these last few hanging on pounds!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was my body to me? A kind of flunkey in my service. Let but my anger wax hot, my love grow exalted, my hatred collect in me, and that boasted solidarity between me and my body was gone.

Shanna said...

good luck! it sounds like a great....pass on some of those tips you get! I have a few pounds to shed too!!