Monday, July 28, 2008

I Heart the Internet

A friend of mine introduced me to a website today. A website that could quite possibly be written about me. It's call Stuff White People Like. Lest you think I'm racist or something, it's spot on social satire and based on what I read I'm surprised the authors haven't written to ask me to be on the cover of their book or their website. I have been entirely unmotivated this morning and browsed through a lot of this site. There's plenty of content there though, I'm sure I will find many more tidbits :)


For those of you keeping track, my car (or more correctly, The-car-formerly-known-as-Maria's) has made it safely to Michigan. The hand-off on Saturday morning was seamless. I can not say enough about how helpful the customer service people at RTD are. I called there, explained my situation and without looking anything up, the guy on the other end of the line gave me great advice without even hesitating. Not only that, after telling me where to go along I70, he went on to list all sorts of things about Western Michigan, I was almost sad he was a customre service person and we had to hang up! Everything he said proved to be true, the Walmart was right off the highway and two busses pulled up while I was explaining the quirks my car has. I hopped right onto one of them and had no problem getting home. My first car-free weekend was fun. I didn't miss the car at all, and got a couple decent walks in. Next up is my mission to find a good bike and a granny cart.

No comments: