Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mid-August Update


Hey there readers (if there are any of you left out there) - I realize I've been absent for a bit and while there are plenty of reasons why, I figured I'd just give you a quick update. (Especially since I really don't feel like working today.)

I think I posted earlier about how I was planning to see a nutrition therapist. I chose to see her mostly because I have a pretty unhealthy digestive system, which I thought was getting a bit better, but now has seemingly taken a turn for the worse. I have really enjoyed my time getting to know more about how my body uses food, and it's starting to look more and more like a Detox is in my not to distant future. If I go that direction, you're sure to read about it here.

The first few weeks of being car-free have been wonderful. I've enjoyed getting to know the bus system, have asked for very few rides, and am more motivated then ever to get a bike. I have a car on loan for the weekend and I may take advantage of that to hit some bike shops and see what's out there. I really want a cute townie bike - one with the fat tires - that I can have baskets put on the back for grocery runs. Once I have that I hope I will feel more mobile.

Burt came to visit the first weekend in August (as evidenced in the above photo above of us in Ft. Collins) and we celebrated Burtapalooza by seeing three concerts in three days. I had more fun than I imagined I could have in one weekend and I am more motivated than ever to get Burt to move out to Denver. Obviously he would love it because Sheralee and I are here, but I think there are many compelling reasons why it's time for a cross country move. :) (are you reading Burt?)

And in a final, more somber note, the brother of a dear friend passed very suddenly earlier this week. She's flown to be with her family, but thoughts of her (and the family) are with me constantly this week, making it hard for me to work today. So unfortunately I'm allowing myself to be distracted. Eh.

I hope you all are enjoying summer :) mg

1 comment:

Christy said...

:) I love that you called it burtapoluza! I can only picture you on a townie bike! :)