Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Latest Claim to Fame

I've been quoted in the newspaper once or twice. The first time was in Calvin's newspaper - the Chimes, then I was quoted in the Holland Sentinel, then my blog was quoted in the Wall Street Journal Online Edition and now (drumroll please) I've been quoted in the Rocky Mountain News. Yesterday Alison and I went down to Civic Center Park for the Wednesday Farmers Market. I like going down there because I can get lunch and pick up some of the fruits and veggies I need for the week. Last week Meghan and I went, this week I went with Alison. While we were eating our lunch sitting on some benches and enjoying some cloud cover (yup - enjoying cloud cover) a reporter came and asked us about why we were there, what we thought of the park etc. Turns out I'm one of a few people who actually buys produce there - even though yesterday one farmer was selling half a bag for only $5! I got fresh green beans, summer squash zucchini, cucumber, sweet corn and a green pepper all for $5. Total steal! In any case our sentiments of enjoying the market but not feeling safe in the park was communicated even though he chose not to use Alison's great quote about "wanderers". On a separate note the savory crepes he mentioned are absolutely worth the $8 - so tasty.

No comments: