Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Only in Denver

This was the scene in front of my building yesterday at lunch time. I rarely leave the city and so I forget that Denver is in the West - ranching is big business and the National Western Stock Show is the event of the year for a lot of people. My assumption is that back in the day this parade of mostly bulls, horses and tractors was an important way to show off your livestock to the city. Yesterday there were a few people out - an interesting combination of 8-5ers coming out at lunch and people who brought their kids down to see the animals. I was just glad this was yesterday because it was downright frigid today - wind chills below zero - and yesterday was nice.

In other news I was at home today and took in a bit of American Idol. I'm determined not to get addicted this year but I have to admit I was getting chills when people got through to Hollywood. I'm such a dork.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

that looks pretty cool. kind of like something u would see in Texas!!

Christy said...

woot woot!! congrats!!