Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not so Bad

This week was a hard week. I didn't have a lot going on, and for some reason my phone didn't ring a lot - not my favorite combination.

This was also the hardest week I've had at the new job. I thought it was going to be my last week on the temp agency but I learned that the agreement between my company and the placement agency was for 400 hours - not 10 weeks. A subtle difference perhaps, but an important one when there are bunches of holidays in the mix. After overreacting for a bit I realized that yes, it would have been nice to know the full situation, and at the same time it was only a couple more days and in the long run it was probably going to be a better situation.

Then on Thursday one person that I work for was exceptionally hard to work with. She sometimes crosses the line from being demanding to being abusive and Thursday was one of those days. For some reason I had a harder time than usual letting it go and started wondering if I really did want this job.

I've also decided to try and give away my cat. I find it hard to believe that after 6 months he's going to do anything but sit under the bed and I really have lost patience with cleaning up after him and feeding him and talking to him if he's going to act terrified every time we interact. I think that he would be happier in a larger house or with another cat in the family so I've started the process of finding him a new home. (If you read this in Denver and are interested in a non-social cat zip me an email or leave a comment and we can talk.)

After all that - I had this realization last night that even in this hard week - my ability to cope, self soothe, and generally deal was so much stronger than it has been in a long time. That even though things feel hard at the moment, I'm still in a better place than I have been for a while. Also - my friend Beth aka Belle decided this week to take a visit to Denver and she comes in ONE WEEK! How exciting is that!!

No comments: