Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Awareness

So I've been trying recently to live with more awareness. To me this means paying attention to the world around me and how things interact and paying more attention to the way I react to things. I don't know what I expect to get out of this, it just seems like a good idea.

So today, while trying to figure out one little thing for work, I stumbled across this web page and the joy and excitement I got from reading it was a bit surprising. I've been thinking in general about taking some graphic design classes, but I was a bit skeptical because I see so much creative stuff around me and end up thinking - there's no way I could do that. After being aware of my natural reaction to this little piece of learning how to use Illustrator better than I am right now, I'm more convinced that graphic design classes could be really good for me.

The Art Institute of Colorado is just a few blocks from my apartment, but I've been drawn to the Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design the last couple of times I started looking into taking graphic design classes. I think it's time I figured out how to take the bus there and took a look around.

No comments: