Sunday, November 04, 2007

Heeeeere's Autumn

Fall came to Denver while I was in Puerto Rico. The leaves are absolutely gold (not really any other colors here like in Michigan) and there's a chill in the air even though the temperatures during the day have been pleasant. I'm not usually a fan of fall - mostly because it means that dreaded winter is on the way. Today however, a sunny day with highs around 70, feels like the perfect fall day and I really hope to enjoy it. Not exactly sure of how because I'm headed to Boulder for a jewelry party featuring jewels designed by a friend of a friend and then back to Denver for Faure's Requiem at St. John's. I'm afraid that I'll have to enjoy the weather on the drives because now that daylight savings time has hit (or has it left - so confusing) the sunset is before 5! This I do not like.

I'm also sitting today in anxious and excited anticipation of starting my new job tomorrow. The position has responsibilities I know I can do from the start and others that I am going to have to learn. I so, so want to do a wonderful job, find pleasure in what I'm doing, and most of all, last at a job longer than 10 months. That's my record since leaving Grand Rapids, where I held a job for 4 years. I know I can do it! (At least I keep telling myself that.) I accepted this position because I believe it holds the possibility of these things I long for, and so now it's up to me to wow my new employer and kick ass. Starting with going through my closet and continuing through performing above and beyond their wildest imagination.

2 comments:

Christy said...

seriously-- the lions beating the broncos-- comon denver!

Beek's Fam said...

I hope that your first day went well.