Friday, November 23, 2007

Basking in the Glow

I think I will look back on this Thanksgiving for years to come and still get that warm feeling that starts in the pit of your stomach and spreads to the rest of your body. I woke up yesterday morning feeling as excited for Thanksgiving as I usually do for Christmas Morning and really never lost that feeling of excitement and celebration.

Sheralee hosted Thanksgiving and it ended up that we were 11 to sit and eat dinner at a table laid out in her living room. The company consisted of a few of Sheralee's neighbors, her brother, some friends from Boulder and a few people that I know originally from Radius. The food was amazing - a blend of traditional fare like turkey and mashed potatoes and green bean casserole and a little more gourmet like chipotle sweet potatoes and arugula salad and a chocolate cake that was to die for. My pie from my grandmother's recipe turned out wonderfully!

After dinner we played trivia. At the end it was ALMOST like being at the Gorts - instead of playing trivial pursuit with the board we were just answering questions and the first one to three right got a prize. We played a number of times, I usually had two points when someone else won and I was having a good time. A neighbor really really wanted to win so we were playing one last round - I was killing in this round. Getting two answers up front that were actually quite surprising even to me and then got a third answer right to tie with said neighbor. Now - I like this guy, and in the moment he was getting on my nerves. We had a tie-breaker question of which he was VERY certain of his answer. I had a different guess, and even though I was not as certain as he I went with it. And I was right! I think I may have gotten a bit too much joy out of the win - and I won a very nice candle.

Also - I learned that another of my friends was at the first Thanksgiving! Shows that it's good to keep talking with your friends - they may be holding something back :) (Turns out he was at a dinner before ours and meant that as his first thanksgiving of the day. But we never stopped giving him a hard time.)

In any case - this was a Thanksgiving for the record books :)

No comments: