Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Summer Slacking

It is so nice out today. I'd say upper 50s if not 60 and the sun is shining - it is so exciting! Especially since I saw another car that had spun off into some snow last night on my way home from Divide, CO. Which is near Santa's Workshop. I can't make this up people.

The nice weather makes me so wish I could do some summer slacking today. I say this mostly because it's true, but also because the line summer slacking is from the song "The Way" by Fastball which takes me back to my freshman year of college. On Friday night Vivian and Sheralee and I were having dinner when another song that reminds me of the same year came on. I desperately wanted to remember "The Way" and spent at least 20 minutes trying to think of it. Sheralee finally helped and not 5 minutes later that song started playing at the restaurant. Also a true story.

I've hit a sad stage in the past couple of weeks. It started with an unexpected phone call from Arizona and, as is usual with me, it triggered me into bunches of other sadness that was there, right under the surface waiting to be let out. I hope that I can use this round to grieve better than I have in the past and to find energy to affect change. It's amazing to me how when I feel like this there is no place that feels safe, the littlest thing can get me in touch with that sadness and it is so easy to lose the energy to hold it together. I can't stop hearing the new Luda and Mary J. Blige song on the radio - Runaway Love. It's pretty. And for the last couple of days I've been thinking that maybe I'll runaway - because Mary J says she'll run away with me. And how cool would that be?

No comments: