Monday, November 13, 2006

It's a Wonderful Life

Do you ever sit back and realize how lucky you are? I had a busy day today. By 10:30 Vivian and I were already talking about happy hour plans because it had been a rough morning. In the end we chose the Coral Room because we'd seen their chef at a cooking demo at the library. It was a fantastically relaxing way to end the work day. I thought it would be helpful to vent for a while and found that in the end it wasn't necessary. That enjoying a bottle of wine and a good friend was fantastic and enough.

The more I sit back though the more I realize I'm really content and happy at this transition into year two in Denver. Sure there's crap - work is crazy busy to the point of frustrating at the moment. The reconstruction of Radius is beginning and that's hard - mostly because it triggers everything from the past year and yet:

  • I have a job where I get paid to do the things I love to do.
  • I have beautiful friends who love me no matter what.
  • I'm dating a wonderful man who treats me like a queen.
  • I get to go home for Christmas.
  • I get to make fun choices on the weekends because I don't have tons of responsibility.
  • I live in beautiful country - the sunsets are amazing and the moon's been quite beautiful lately.
  • I generally have a great life.

I am struck with this on a regular basis lately. In amazing and beautiful ways. So here's to life and living it to the full. I'm thankful to the Jesus for this. Seriously!

4 comments:

Christy said...

yay for all these wonderful things. And yay that we can talk about the "man" you are datinge. That sounds kinda creepy- cause when I think men i think old. But Dave-- yep I'm pretty sure we would be friends! Yay to a great life!
ck

Maria said...

ck - you're the one making it creepy. I think it's fantastic and I'm positive if you lived in Denver you'd be friends with Dave.

tfg - it's a slang phrase I've picked up here in Denver - "Praise the Jesus". It really is quite a versatile statement :)

Viv M. said...

and sunrises are beautiful too!! I love that we get to share life together :-)

Here's to the Jesus for it all!!!

ps - Hey, look! Leaving a comment with my name on it is not hard at all!!!!

Maria said...

Would you look at that! I really didn't think it was hard to leave your name...