Saturday, November 18, 2006

Another falling story

Last night was random - my life is so random - and I heart it! It all started with a party for work to celebrate a milestone achievement for the entire company. It's always a little off for me to be out with everyone from the company - a few people who I connect well with outside the office is fine - the entire company is an entirely different story.

From there I headed downtown for the final installment in the month of celebrating Jim's birthday. I had mentioned where we were going to a couple people I work with and they had mentioned they may stop by - which was great. Turned out that a whole bunch of people came by and it just felt random - and a bit off.

Then we went dancing - which was quite fun - although for some reason I wasn't feeling like staying out all night. So I headed toward home with the cake in tow. My car was parked on the street and I had to walk through this old warehouse district to get there. It's not as creepy as it sounds - it's all offices - a lot of design companies actually now. However sometimes the sidewalk has steps in it because of an old (or working) loading dock. I got to the final set of stairs down and my phone slipped out of my pocket. I watched it fall, took a step down and totally slipped and fell down 6 or 7 cement stairs. My knee is all bruised up today. I did NOT however drop the cake!!! I think hanging on to the hand rail is what saved me. Usually I can laugh pretty hard at me falling - this one kinda hurt...I think it's gonna take a few days before I can really laugh about it.

5 comments:

Megs said...

oh...honey, that does sound painful. Hope your knee feels better soon!

Viv M. said...

hope you enjoyed the rest of the game! sorry I left early... too tired!

Joel Swagman said...

do you remember those old Sesame Street shorts with the Bakker standing on top of the stairs with a bunch of cakes? And then falling. That's what I pictured when I read that. Except you didn't drop the cake. Which is skillful. Well done

Christy said...

oh man! Although I must say- I wish I could have seen it! :) Hope it feels better soon.
ck

Viv M. said...

you and your knee are in good company...

http://people.aol.com/people/gallery/0,26335,1560985_9,00.html