Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I Remember

I remember now why I didn't like the last two jobs I had. It's because I was bored. I wasn't engaged for more than 10% of the day and it just left me feeling ick. And that's how I feel after today. Only today I chose to be bored. This morning we found out that the company decided to make the day after Thanksgiving a vacation after all. Only not for those of us still in our 90 days of probation. 3 of 75 people. I felt completely singled out. We're already not getting paid for vacation days during the probation time which I think is bull shit. We were given the option of not working for no pay - which felt entirely not generous - and with the holidays coming up that day of wages seems entirely necessary.

I got all worked up over this. And did not really have motivation for working the rest of the day. So I didn't much. Work that is. And I walked away feeling icky. One because I was not acting as I promised when I took the job. Two because I spent the day putzing around on the internet. I'm not going to do that again. It's time to get to work :)

Tomorrow. For now I'm watching Bridget Jones Diary on TV doing some dishes and laundry and getting ready for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Viv M. said...

THANKSGIVING!!! WOOHOO!!! And here here to jobs that actually engage you :-)

Christy said...

i agree! That sucks that they singled you 3 out. Enjoy your day tomorrow!
ck