Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Some realizations

So I've come to some realizations over the weekend. (Which was awesome despite the rain...included hot tubbing, eating, dancing, new tires and unfortunately not a minute of porch sitting.)

1 - I've got myself convinced that I'm not going to be any good at my new job. For that reason I was completely slacking off at work including doing things like posting on my blog while at the office. I want to be good at this job and it's possible that the only thing keeping me from that is me. Here's to the stubborn "I can do this" side of me!

2 - I put too much pressure on dating. I don't know how to just get to know someone on a date because I've got too many other things on my mind. I want to just get to know someone - I don't have to figure out deep stuff on the first date and I don't have to think about whether I could marry someone every time I go on a date. Perhaps it can just be about getting to know someone in their core.

3 - I missed out on a helluva lot by not hanging out in high school. This weekend I spent a good amount of time doing nothing with my friends. It seemed as though we moved from place to place only to do nothing but enjoy each other and relax at each new place. It's taken me until 26 to understand and find the joy of this. I'm so thankful for that now - I think that what's got me a little sad about how long it's taken to get here.

4 - In all of this I'm consistently reminded that in the end it's Jesus, freedom, restoration, transformation and living in reality that I want. That I want to orientate my life towards. That I want to find in increasing ways.

Here's to living life to the full!

2 comments:

Viv M. said...

indeed!

Christy said...

i love these realizations!

ck