Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A plan

So I've come up with a game plan as far as work is concerned. I'm still not thrilled with the cold calling/telemarketing position that is "Marketing Associate" and my job. I think that my calling could be much more effective if the people I were calling had at the very least expressed a tiny bit of interest in the company. I know, I'm brilliant - thanks GRS. So since the boss is out of town for the next 5 work days I'm going to pull together a proposal. Quite frankly the more I'm on the phone the more I want out of this job. I'm just afraid that my resume will start to scream FLAKE...this girl's a FLAKE! And yet - I don't think I can call call call for the next year.

The other thing is that I really just want to be Karen Walker for a living. She's married to a husband she loves (even if she won't admit it) who funds her every move and she gets to shop and drink and play all day. Too bad that's a television character and completely unrealistic!

Let's hope by the time Cheyenne is in her twenties there's some other way to live :)

6 comments:

Viv M. said...

here's to drinking lunch!

Nick Richtsmeier said...

Way to take the time to put together a plan for what you want... you are not a flake, it just takes some trial and error to figure out what matters to you!

Do you really think that Karen walker knew in her mid-twenties how to be a successfully drunk and high society wife? That took practice... :)

Viv M. said...

so maybe when you reach Karen's age then you'll achieve that perfection - wait, she never aged... how old is she again? ;-)

Maria said...

All I'm saying is I would like to start practicing being a drunk, unaged, high society wife? Is there a school I could go to?

Viv M. said...

i think our porch times are a great training module :-)

Maria said...

i agree vbt - i agree :)