Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Advent


One of the topics I haven't actively been writing about on this blog lately has been my inner journey. I'm still on one (aren't we all) it's just been so much more subtle lately that I'm not sure what to write about it. I know that I am far more content on this slower journey of opening up to new things and examining old ones in a slow and steady Maria pace.

That said I'm trying out a new Advent rhythm this year. Advent for many years for me was full of pageantry and ritual - much of which I either didn't understand, or had become so regular that it lost meaning completely. The last few months I've slowly been immersing myself in a new group here in Denver and I've chosen to celebrate Advent their style this year. It means some of the same ritual but approached in a much more relaxed manner. An approach I can relate to, and connect with. I feel much more of a connection this year with the longing of Israel and the ways in which their world was on the one hand going to change dramatically and yet on the other hand in the time of the advent the actions were subtle.

And so I feel as though the hope I'm living in at the moment is that the subtle world that I seem to be living in today is precursor to dramatic changes that may be coming. As I say that it shares the living hell out of me - I deal with dramatic change oh so well.

3 comments:

Kristin Gort said...

Well, Israel's world was certainly rocked! as can be ours! I agree, just being open to what may be ahead can be pretty scary; but, your candle picture really says it all! love you,

MOM

สมัคร pg slot said...

สมัคร Pg Slot การเล่น สล็อต สมัครง่าย ผ่านระบบอัตโนมัติ 3 วินาที ทำให้ทุกคนเพลินใจ ไปกับการเล่น สล็อต ได้ทุกหนทุกแห่ง ส่วนกระบวนการลงทะเบียน เป็นสมาชิกนั้น ไม่ยุ่งยาก ททางเว็บ

slot said...

slot สล็อตออนไลน์ ยอดนิยม เล่นได้เงินจริง เล่นได้บน โทรศัพท์มือถือ รองรับทุกระบบ สมัครเป็นสมาชิกใหม่ รับโบนัสฟรี 100% ที่ PG เดียวของโลก เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ เป็นที่นิยมมหาศาล