Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Maria is impatient.

I miss facebook! It had become part of my morning routine to come into work, turn on the emails and then see what my friends had been up to the previous day. Then my company blocked facebook. If I was in management I may have done the same thing, and that didn't stop a proverbial tear from falling.

Since then I've ordered a new computer! Well - a new computer for me in any case and I can not wait for it to come. It hasn't shipped yet, and when I asked about when it might ship I was told "We're a little backlogged on those at the moment." I've sent a response asking exactly what that means. Backed up a couple days, a couple months, what? I mean - I'm heading nearby there tomorrow around 4:30, could I just stop by and pick it up?

To be fair, I'm looking forward to having this computer for much more than facebook. I'm excited to watch tv and movies online, to talk to my family with the webcam, to have the possibility of editing and sending pictures should I ever start taking them again, to be able to look for directions and check the bus schedule while I'm at home, to be able to check flight status over the weekend and the list goes on and on.

This is why I'm impatient!

1 comment:

Joel Swagman said...

Facebook really sucks up a lot of time, doesn't it? (Why I do my best to avoid it). But as long as your company hasn't blocked blogs, you should be okay