Thursday, December 11, 2008

Maria is Looking Forward to Christmas Vacation

I can not wait for Christmas vacation. Today hit a major day in the countdown - the day December 20 shows up in the 10 day forecast on weather.com so I can start tracking what kind of weather we'll be having on the day of my flight. As of this morning, it looks great. I do however realize (even though I want to deny it) that the 10 day out weather forecast has maybe a 10% chance of being accurate.

I'm looking forward to Christmas Vacation this year more than I have since I moved to Denver I think. The past 3 Christmases I've flown out a few days before Christmas and flown back here on Christmas Day. (Or at least that was the plan - the year of the blizzard everything got turned upside down.) It was good to have some time away and yet the function of my having a new job every fall had left me with no time off around the holidays. This year I will be gone 8 days, I will not have to travel on Christmas Day, and I've held down a job all year. (I really never thought at my age now that I'd be proud of holding down a job for a year. Oh, how life changes us.)

So, for this one time, I hope that the forecasters are right when they say that it will be cold in Denver and at Midway. Cold, but sunny!

3 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

I won't be back in GR this year for Xmas, so have a good one for me (I assume that's where you're going).
Congragulations on holding down a job all year.

Maria said...

I will certainly have a good one for you in GR. I'll be there for part of the time and in small-town Illinois for another portion.

Happy Holidays to you!

Christy said...

r u coming home!? Can i see you?