Tuesday, December 16, 2008

That's Hot!


I was so hot last night, and sadly, not in that Paris Hilton kind of a way. Sheralee had a fabulous party to celebrate the anniversary of the night Mia came home last December. It was a great soiree with cocktail dresses, cocktails, tons of people, and poor Mia hiding in the closet. I'm sure she was thankful to have that closet as opposed to being outside in the sub-zero temperatures, but she hid most of the night nonetheless.
At one point I was talking with a few people in the doorway between the living room and the dining room and I suddenly felt warmth near my leg. I had been standing right over this great little candle on a stand and it started my dress on fire! My favorite Carnegie Hall dress. There was a bit of flame, but mostly I think the dress melted. I'm very hopeful that a good seamstress can mend this dress. It is my favorite dress!
Don't worry. I'm not hurt. The flame only got my dress and nothing more in the apartment. I did, however, leave little pieces of dress all over the apartment because little hard melted parts kept crumbling off. Yes, my dress is crumbling!

1 comment:

Christy said...

that is super sad-- that dress rocks and you look smokin in it!! Stupid fire!!