Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I've Been Desensitized

I think in a good way though. The past two weeks have tossed so many crazy things at me. I started off getting completely thrown off base by them. Thinking that life as I knew it was over. Since then our moving date keeps changing, my car broke down, my phone broke in half, my friends were in a car accident, personal days were eliminated at work and you get the picture.

Now it's almost as though I barely notice when things are going crazy. I think it's how life works for me, when things are nuts I make more sense. I sometimes wonder if I create a world that is that way, if that's how I thrive. Some of these things did not just happen, they were a culmination of my choices. Plus I'm pretty darn impulsive and so that gets me into trouble a LOT.

However - it kills me to think that I thrive on drama. When I see other people living that way it makes me sad because it seems like a good way to waste bunches of energy. I wonder though if it's so easy for me to see it in others because it's something I don't like about myself.

No comments: