Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthday Resolution


I've recently found it much more natural to make resolutions on my birthday instead of around New Year's. For one, it relates much more personally to my years on this earth, and the holiday season is so busy that starting something new when you're coming off the craziness seems like setting yourself up to fail.


This year my resolution is to start an Artist's Journal. I was presented with versions of this idea on two different occasions recently. One, in a small group, where a woman was talking about learning about the artist journal in art school, keeping one herself, and learning about someone she looks up to keeping one as well. The second was in a large group setting where an author was speaking of keeping notecards with her at all times and how some of her most favorite lines in her books had come from these notecards. All this in the span of about two weeks just prior to my birthday. It inspired me.


So I started the search for the perfect journal and found on etsy.com a few sellers who take vintage books and turn them into journals and thought - how clever! Then I found a journal made of an old art history book, and I thought how perfectly, beautifully ironic. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can start noting my observations!

4 comments:

Christy said...

i <3 etsy!

Kristin Gort said...

how artsy fartsy
who do you think

Maria said...

I don't think it's Kristin...

Kristin Gort said...

Kristin did just read this, and agrees that you are truly living up to your moniker (or sobriquet if you like :-)