Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I'm back in Denver after a great trip to Michigan. I forgot my camera (wah wha) so I don't have any pictures to show you, but I can say that Doug's wedding was beautiful, I have some of the world's most adorable nieces, and from what I've heard this was one of the nicest weekends GR has seen all summer. All in all I had a great time.

On Sunday night I stole away from the family festivities (well technically I did that a couple times) to hang out with Burt and we ended up having dinner at Rose's with Tim, Stephanie and Catye. It was such a beautiful night - we were at the restaurant for a long time. First waiting for a patio table, and then sitting with a leisurely dinner and free desserts. I haven't laughed that hard in quite a long time. It's also rare that I feel that comfortable and that connected with a group of people. They are wonderful and I long for that here in Denver. Part of me wonders though if connection comes along once in a lifetime. And if not, how long does it take to cultivate it? To bring it to life? I'm not a very patient person - I like to have things now, when I want them. I just hope that I have the patience to let things grow.

On another front - I'm still pretty obsessed with the gluten-free diet. I did pretty good while I was in Michigan - better than I thought I would do. I could certainly notice though when I got a little in my system, so I'm doing my best to stick to it. I have three new recipes to try this week - I'm sure you'll hear about them.

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

Looks like I just missed you again (I'm going back to Michigan next week).
...Well, someday our paths will cross.

Doug...do I know Doug?

Maria said...

Someday is right :) Maybe I'll have to take a trip to Japan or something.

I doubt that you know Doug. He's my cousin and went to Holland Christian and Hope, so unless you ran against him in high school I doubt your paths crossed.