Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl meets Austin Powers

I can not believe that no one is talking or blogging about Prince's half time show last night during the Super Bowl. I for one was excited about Prince's show - mostly because I really like Prince and because I was intent on proving to people I was watching with that Prince is sexy. He's not hot or cute or pretty - he's only sexy, and sexy nonetheless. So we're watching, it's raining, it's weird because Prince isn't singing his own songs, I'm afraid that the dancers are going to fall down (okay...I wanted to see one of the dancers fall down) and then, joy of all joys, Prince starts singing Purple Rain. Except this weird floating cloth comes up and you see a shadow of Prince playing the guitar. And it's the most phallic thing - like something out of an Austin Powers movie. I for one was laughing out loud - I was laughing so hard I was crying. I'm disappointed though - no one is talking about this. Am I the only one with a 13 year-old boy in my head? Seriously - please check out 1:22 - 1:51 of this video. If Prince can do this - then Janet can have a "wardrobe malfunction." I say this and I just think it's funny. I'm sure there are people who should be offended.

1 comment:

Christy said...

HAHAHAHAAA~~ I think that's hilarious. I didn't watch that part of theshow, but I am pretty sure that he intended for it to look like that since the whole thing is shot as a side view! VERY FUNNY!

PS- I liked the federline comercial and I also liked the gotee comb over!