Thursday, February 15, 2007

I Made Promise

When I started this blog I made a promise to myself and to my friends that I would not use it as a forum to vent anger, frustration, irritation or sadness that I felt toward people that I could express directly. Its a value I hold highly and one that's been pretty hard to hold to - I haven't held as strongly to it as I wanted to. Most of the posts I've imagined or written in the past week or so have been crossing that line. I just couldn't post them.

So in their absence, a summary of the past week:

  • My grandfather fell and has been in the hospital. It's scary and yet I find myself laughing over stories of him preaching sermons to anyone who will listen. The medicine's got him quite confused.
  • I almost had to be on jury duty for 4 weeks!
  • I got my car back only to find that it's not fixed correctly. Thankfully my coworker is helping me there.
  • Dave's gone and I miss him. That's gone an entire different direction than I thought it would.
  • I've got a new project at work that gives me a bit more freedom and I'm really enjoying it.
  • Tonight I tried some retail therapy and I couldn't find anything I really wanted to buy.
  • I started thinking about Lent, and the prospect of giving something up.
  • Sunday was beautiful. The weather was good. And it turned into a random Sunday.
I think that about sums it up. I'll be back to regular posting soon.

3 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

I can certainly identify with writing blogs, and then not posting them. It's just part of blogging and, I think, the writing process in general. It would be nice if everything we touched turned to gold, then we wouldn't have the feeling of wasting so much time on posts that never see the light of day. It's just the writers lot I guess.

That being said, I've also posted a lot of crap on my blog over the years, and I try not to worry about it too much. Your fellow bloggers will forgive you a few angry or self-indulgent posts. We know how it goes.

Christy said...

i just find so many days I have too much to say and don't want to take the time to write it all out.

Prayin for g-pa. Talk to you soon.
ck

Anonymous said...

Indulging seems to be a perfectly acceptable part of blogging. I find it rather amazing that as many people read my bloviating as they do considering how egotistical my blog is. But I love reading that kind of stuff too, so I wouldn't feel to bad about it.

I hope your grandpa is doing better. I love the story of him preaching to whomever will listen.