Thursday, February 08, 2007

Car Update

The good news is I have my car back. The bad news is I paid for it. The even worse news is - I'm now, after I paid for it, convinced that I've been lied to and cheated. Which is awesome.

Yesterday morning when I was trying to get the car guys to pay for the repairs they told me two things:
1-Because I had to use the switch to get the key out of the car the ignition was ready to break anyway and while it was unfortunate that it broke while it was in their shop, it was ready to break anyway.
2-The key was never taken out of the car without using the switch.

I disagree with both of those statements and have no way to prove it. So I ate the cost. Which makes me so angry. On top of all of this yesterday afternoon I drove the car after paying for the repairs and the key still will not come out of the ignition without using the switch. So what the hell? If it was the same part why wasn't that part fixed too? I mean seriously! So now I'm weighing letting it go or starting the confrontation all over again. Because I hate confrontation and the last two days have stressed me out. I'm just pissed because now the spark plugs and the muffler that I need will have to wait. And I don't want to bring the car in anywhere because I'm finding it more and more impossible to trust the car people. (with apologies to my relatives who work on cars...I'm positive they don't rip people off.)

2 comments:

Jackie R. said...

Hey - sorry to hear about all of your car troubles. I hate car stuff - it is so expensive and can just come from no where too!) Anyhow - what kind of car do you have? I'm not sure if he only does Toyota's - but our pastors brother in law works on cars (toyotas for sure, not sure what else) and he has been really trustworthy and not ripped us off. So, if you need a name let me know. He has even been honest with us about what stuff Mark could just do himself for cheap which is nice.

Maria said...

well if he works on pontiacs - specifically exhaust systems and spark plugs I'd love to get connected with him! thanks. i'll get your contact info from vivi.