Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I Heart the Clumsy Lovers

I first saw the Clumsy Lovers with Sheralee and Burt and Darcy and Joel on a snowy night in Michigan. I loved them then and I still heart them now. They come to Colorado all the time so we get to see them - like last night at the Oriental Theatre.

I really wasn't feeling like I wanted to go at all. I've been kinda off and down lately and last night was no exception. Since I had a ticket I went anyway and the dancing and fun music was good for me. I do have to say though that while I understand the logic of it, I don't like sitting through the opening bands. The lovers that are clumsy did not start playing until 11. If you're going to do the opening band thing - limit the length of their set to a half hour max. Any longer and people get bored which is not good for the band or the audience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We couldn't agree more. This particular evening there was a schedule mix-up and a second opener was added, so the schedule got real late. In general we think shows start too late, the number of people who want to be out til 1am on a Tuesday night is much smaller, we believe, then promoters think. But that's often a losing battle. It's funny, promoters have their ideas. Some think shows should start at 7:30pm. Some think they should start at 11pm. And it's pretty much impossible to change their minds, whatever camp they're in.

Anyway, thanks for enduring the seemingly endless evening. We heart you too. The Clumsy Lovers