Monday, June 02, 2008

Perhaps Time is Coming to an End

Well - not in the apocolypse, end of time sense - rather I believe my time having Stanley the cat as a roommate is almost over. On Saturday I was in and out of the house and on two occasions when I came back in Stanley hissed at me. Hissed loud and with a really menacing look. It made me uneasy - like he was going to come bite me in my sleep or something. I've been thinking that we were making progress - he doesn't run right under the bed when I get up in the morning any more, he hides elsewhere until I'm moving around too much and he can't handle it. I thought that was a good sign, and then the hissing.

Anyone out there have their antisocial cat hiss at them?

1 comment:

Beek's Fam said...

He probably just got nervous over something and hissing is a cats way of defense. When he hisses, just tell him that all is fine and maybe try to pet him to soothe him. Don't give up yet. I have an anti-social cat that is just starting to come around people and we've had him for 4 years!!!