Thursday, June 19, 2008

Feeling OLD

So I've had a number of moments where I felt OLD this week!

1 - Did you know that you can't get an operator by dialing 0 anymore? I knew you couldn't from a cell phone, but now you can't even from a landline. For your reference 411 gets you an operator on the cell phone and 555-1212 gets you an operator from a land line.

2 - Last night I was out until 11:00 and I didn't know what to do with myself. I was fine - not tired at all, but I would like to have gotten more sleep.

3 - We have a new intern on my team and I really believe he needs to pull up his pants. There is no underwear showing, but his belt is halfway around his butt and his shirt is just about untucked. I'm not sure who should tell him this but he needs to know that no one will take him seriously until he pulls up his pants. My friend at work and I have nicknamed him Sir Pantsalot.

Thankfully I've had the distraction of learning to play video games as a diversion to help me feel a bit younger. Well - except for the part where Brain Age told me my brain age was 50! Just cause I'm not that great at Rock, Paper, Scissors. I am getting pretty good at the crosswords though - and I'm certain that if I had Tetris I might be skipping work. The cute little Nintendo is fun :)

No comments: