Sunday, December 30, 2007

Customer Service

The other day I was ranting and ranting about some bad service that I had before Christmas at a local pub here in Denver. The Irish Snug has great prices for their happy hour - two for one on select beer, wine and cocktails and $3 appetizers that are really fantastic. Two appetizers is a total meal - some of them one appetizer is big enough for a meal for me. Anyway - we celebrated Mia's return with happy hour at the Irish Snug the week before Christmas and had the worst service I can remember having in a really long time. The server was downright rude and it took a long time to get what we had ordered. I mentioned to this friend that I would like to start talking about when I have great service as well as when I don't because in my world service can make or break an experience.

In that spirit I would like to share that I just this afternoon got great customer service from RedBox. The super inexpensive movie rental service that has kiosks at most McDonald's here in Denver. I know for a while they weren't all over the country but I don't know if they've expanded by now. In any case - on Friday I rented 2 movies for $1.00 per night and attempted to return them this afternoon. I put one movie in the machine and it didn't seem to be working correctly so I called the 800 number on the machine. I calmly explained what had happened and the guy on the other end of the phone credited my return of the first movie and told me he would send a technician out to the machine. He also told me that he would credit my account for the second movie for tonight so I wouldn't have to worry about getting it in later after the technician had been there. In my world this is great customer service - I would have been happy to bring that second movie back today if he gave me an estimated time that the machine would be fixed by, and still, without me even complaining, whining, or seeming otherwise forcefully angry he took care of it for me. Thanks RedBox.

1 comment:

Beek's Fam said...

I like the new look of your blog. And also your pic! Very cool!!!
I'm bummed that I didn't get to see you and your family when you were all in town. Maybe next time!