Monday, December 03, 2007

Absence

As all 5 of my loyal readers have probably noticed my posting frequency has dropped significantly in the past few weeks. On the surface this is certainly because with the new job I'm certainly busier, and I haven't been as excited about being on the computer while I'm away from work. Dig a little deeper and I find that I just don't have as much that I'm compelled to talk about. Dig even a bit deeper and I find that I wonder if writing this blog hasn't strengthened my narcissistic tendencies. I was going to write that perhaps writing this blog has made me narcissistic, but that would just not be true. It's certainly made it easier to focus on myself, but I'm sure I would find some other way had there been no blog.

That said - while the last 72 hours have been a bit rough I am overall doing very well. I really like my new job and I think it's going to be challenging and a great fit. I'm also on a quest to see life as it really is. Not as I'd like it to be. Not rosy. What I mean is, I'm trying not to be surprised when shit happens. I'm hoping it helps me roll with the punches a bit better. I'll let you know how it turns out.

3 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

No doubt blogging is an incredibly narcassitic thing to do, as is much writing in general for that matter (no doubt why most professional writers are incurable narcissists.

I justify it to myself by allowing myself the narcissism in my blog as a kind of trade off. For example I don't try and hog the dinner time conversation with my own stories. I feel if I need an outlet for my stories, that's what the blog is for. In personal conversation I can then afford to be more of a good listener.

Beek's Fam said...

Glad to hear your new job is going well.

Christy said...

great to talk to you tonight- i love you!! Can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks!! :)