Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Starting the Day on the Wrong Shuttle

Ladies and Gentlemen I need some input. My dilemma is as follows:

Every morning I walk into downtown from my apartment and take the free mall shuttle from Capitol Hill to the building I work in. The mall shuttle drivers are ruthless - I've seen them shut things in the door (not quite a body part, but almost) and for whatever reason even though they stay on the same street and go back and forth they are in a hurry to get from here to there. Sometimes I figure they must just get bored driving on 16th Street only and so it's a bit of entertainment to see who they can inconvenience. That said there are times when I'm catching the shuttle at the station that if I start moving faster once they ring the door closing bell the driver will wait. On these occasions I give the driver a courtesy nod - similar to the nod I give drivers who let me into traffic. One morning within the last month I did just this and when I got off the shuttle the driver made a point to open his window and wish me a nice day. That day I thought - how sweet - and what a great way to start the day. Wellll - Since then I have found myself on said driver's shuttle a half dozen times. He watches me in the rear view mirror and waves when I get off the shuttle. It creeps me out a bit and this morning I avoided getting on his shuttle for this specific reason.

Now - short of wearing a big fat coat and a robber ski mask hat I have no idea what to do with this. Even when I was not getting on this guy's shuttle this morning he was watching me as he drove away. I have no way to talk to him and ask him to leave me alone because there's a barrier between the driver and the passengers. I'm thinking I may get on his shuttle the next time, catch the bus number and make a complaint to the bus people. Only it feels like I'm four years old and saying "stop looking at me." I just don't like how it feels to start my day like this. What do you think? Oh - and driving to work is just too expensive.

2 comments:

Viv M. said...

k - creepy... I would make a complain - from your cell phone - as it's happening

Make sure he can read your lips... not in the sexy way, but in the "hey, bucko, be an adult" way...

that's just me.

Christy said...

i would call and make a complaint-- then they have record-- note to them that he doesn't do it to everyone-- and it's happened repeatedly. At the very least if it gets worse- you have made an initial claim.

can't wait to see you!!