Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gimme a Break

I would like a kit-kat but they're 75cents in the snack machine here and there's no way I'm paying that to the man for a snack.

That said - I've been working on a data project since Friday. (When I'm not talking with my new boss.) I'm not going to be able to finish this week and I asked if I could set it aside to be able to get some other work done. Apparently that's not the best course of action - although I'm more motivated right now by my bonus than I am by the boss that's not going to be here on Monday. I'll work on it for the rest of today, and then after that I just may put it off until Monday. It is numbing my mind - and when it's not doing that it leaves my mind completely free to start thinking about other stuff. Which isn't good because then I get myself worked up about stuff - usually unnecessarily.

For example, every time I have a new pain or illness that lasts more than a day or so I end up having myself convinced I have cancer. And - I know I bruise easily, but I read somewhere once that a lot of bruises is a warning sign for leukemia, so a bunch of bruises sometimes gets me in a tizzy. Or when a company meeting is called out of the blue (as it was this week) my mind starts going in about 77 directions about what we could possibly need to talk about. (That one's not so crazy because there's truth in about 60 of those ideas...)

And yet - I'm often so impulsive and I tend to think of myself as fairly laid back.. I have no idea how these things work together - today, in my data induced insanity they seem to contradict themselves. Or maybe I'm wrong about being impulsive and laid back. Fairly laid back. Ah well - back to the data, and the insanity!

1 comment:

Christy said...

you called when i was working-- and you were workin when I got out. I will call you tonight! :) ck