Monday, January 12, 2009

Two Small Steps

I experimented tonight and it worked. I feel so successful!

First I tried cooking a Moroccan Stew (link) that I'd seen on one of the cooking blogs I read. I was reminded how much I hate chopping and peeling butternut squash and how I need a good knife. Once that was over with I really enjoyed this meal! I substituted quinoa for the cous cous to stay away from the gluten, but it was very delicious.

Then I tried making a little side table to sit a light on in my reading nook (pictured above). Sheralee and I went to a bunch of thrift stores this weekend and I was keeping a look out for a small side table and found nothing. I found a bunch of other stuff, but not the side table I was looking for. Then this morning I saw this link on Apartment Therapy. I have bunches of old magazines sitting around my apartment and four of them made a fun table for now! Of course now I'm not reading. I'm watching television and writing on my blog, but I have an entire stack of books to read sitting next to that chair. You will see a couple thrift store finds in this picture though - the old school upholstered pillows on the chair and two old Jesus pictures on the wall. Now Jesus can watch me read - I think he's really going to enjoy reading over my shoulder.

2 comments:

Gozo said...

Good work sis! I have that ikea lamp :)

Maria said...

I think everyone has that ikea lamp! It's a great one :)