Thursday, April 03, 2008

Thanks Colorado!

I believe that last friday there was a bank robbery in the building I work in. There were more than a half dozen Denver police cars, guys in FBI vests and other obvious plain clothes authorities running around outside. The bank branch in the lobby was closed and there was caution tape all over inside.

Why do I tell you this? Well - the rest of the afternoon I was trying to find information about the incident online. Nothing has ever shown up - however - I did read a story about the Great Colorado Payback. The Treasury of the Colorado has property that belongs to people who haven't claimed it. The story said you could go to a website, enter your name, and find out if there was any for you. It seemed stupid to me not to give it a shot (don't ask, don't get, right Mary?) so I entered my name. To my great surprise there's $178 there for me! To make it even sweeter the website will even print out the form with all the correct information and all you have to do is get the form notarized and mail it in with a photocopy of your driver's license and SS card. I took care of it today and hopefully my $178 will come soon.

Click here if you want to check and see if Colorado has anything for you.

No comments: