Saturday, April 12, 2008

Defrosting the Freezer

Excuse me while I jump back to about 1974 for a few minutes today. I'm defrosting my freezer - I have never done this before while I actually had stuff in the fridge. When I moved into this apartment the freezer was crazy frosted over, but I left it unplugged and propped open for about 24 hours and that did the trick. Now that I live here I can't really do that. So - I purposely stopped buying things that go in the freezer and when it emptied (this morning) I went after defrosting it. Thankfully there are directions on the inside of the door and they're working quite well. This is NOT as bad as cleaning out the tub though - and I have to do it much less frequently.

My Mom was in Denver last weekend and we had a fun time hitting up a couple museums, watching a guy walk into a window (no joke), shopping, and heading up to Steamboat to sit in the Hot Springs. I heart those hot springs, and aside from a little snow between the tunnel and Silverthorne (yup - all 5 miles of it) we had an easy drive and a great time. I even found a pretty pair of new jeans up there - and we all know how hard jeans are to fit!

The rest of this week I kinda felt like I was recovering from going going going all weekend. I think I'm getting old - or at the very least lazy. We also got some snow this week (blech) which I'm sure took my energy level down a bit. Thankfully we're supposed to be in the 70s Monday and Tuesday so I'm ready to break out the summer things. Hopefully that was Denver's last snow until next season.

Other than that not a helluva lot going on here. I guess that's enough.

No comments: